is this a bandwidth problem? my IP is a TOR exit, the client works and the server doesn't

Rip Rock riprock.adres.nl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 01:58:56 UTC 2007

On 7/23/07, Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de> wrote:

> I think you messed up your Privoxy configuration file
> while debugging this issue.
>

> The configuration file of the official Privoxy release
> should contain the same (valid) lines as:
> http://www.privoxy.org/faq/misc.html#TOR
>
> Fabian

I was shocked, and a little embarrassed, to see that
http://config.privoxy.org/show-status
initially reported that I had errors because I had taken out the dots.
I had not bothered to check it again after taking out the dots in the
config.

I must have gotten it working briefly by initially leaving the "."s in, then
I messed it up soon after that by taking them out.  I put the dots back in
to the config file and suddenly the
http://config.privoxy.org/show-status
page stopped showing the errors.

Thanks to everyone for  helping with this.