two unseemly tor behaviors

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Wed Jul 4 01:26:29 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 05:51:14PM -0500, Scott Bennett wrote:

:     Do you think that they prefer to have their server crash, rather than
:to issue an error message and continue operations?

Yes.  If I restart a service I want to be sure it restarted not have
to go check and see if it really did what I asked.

:And that such behavior
:benefits the worldwide community of tor users?

No, but if you verify your config before the HUP this won't happen.
Apache has a similar check config function, it's smart practice.

-Jon