more letters from the feds

Matej Kovacic matej.kovacic at owca.info
Mon Jan 8 21:21:40 UTC 2007

Hi,
> I'm really sorry to hear about the persecution over there. This
> certainly does seem like a campaign against tor. It's important to
> remember that although it may seem like an us vs them situation, we
A few days ago I was surfing at our government's website and found
something about electronic voting. They made a short study about
e-voting issues and they are presenting some theoretical technical
solutions for on-line voting system.

They found out there is oneparticular problem with online voting. That
is a requirement for anonymous and secret voting. So they proposed to
use anonymisation servers for on-line voting!

Uff, our government is writing that we need anonymisation servers for
on-line voting!

OK, it is just a small study and our government has no plans for on-line
voting yet, but it is nice to see, there are some people in government
services who see a potential "market" for anonymisation systems.

So my question is: how german government officials see that question -
to use anonymisation for e-voting at least?

bye, Matej