Opening 2 Firefox profiles |was: Re: Tor and Thunderbird: Outgoing Email Unsafe?

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Wed Jan 3 13:51:27 UTC 2007

It's easy.

Start your first instance of firefox as usual. Start the second one like
this : "/path/to/firefox -ProfileManager" and create a new profile (call
it TOR, or whatever). You'll need to reinstall plugins (eg: FoxyProxy,
NoScript, etc) under that new profile, but the settings are separate
from your "normal" one.

Then just set up a shortcut to involke the second instance using the
-ProfileManager switch, and select the 2nd profile.