Question for Job and others / was: Re: Tor and Thunderbird: Outgoing Email Unsafe?

Ringo Kamens 2600denver at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 08:51:00 UTC 2007

Giving somebody your IP address defeats the purpose of tor. They can
use the IP address and cross-reference it to other databases to find
your personal info in addition to (if you run MS or have bad security)
hack you. Your anonymity is completely violated if you reveal your IP
address. In addition, you referenced the such and such act which
doesn't really have enough power (unless you harassed the president or
something) to execute a search through tor in the first place. I'm not
condoning illegal activities, but it's just how I see it.
Ringo Kamens