Opening 2 Firefox profiles |was: Re: Tor and Thunderbird: Outgoing Email Unsafe?

GeorgeDS georgeds at 1net.gr
Tue Jan 2 22:51:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 13:23, Michael Holstein wrote:
> The reason I suggested seperate Firefox profiles is you can have the
> "anonymous" one and a "regular" one open at the same time, since routing
> everything through TOR makes your highspeed connection more like dialup
> (there's always a trade-off...).

If you could tell me how to do do this I'd really appreciate it. This
may vary with OS. I've tried multiple times on Linux (CentOS/Red Hat
Enterprise 3.4) and not succeeded. Once one or more Firefox windows are
open, the -ProfileManager flag does not appear to be recognized, so I've
been unable to find a way to get copies of Firefox using different
profiles to open at the same time. It's a real nuisance to have to close
a dozen tabs, to do a few things with Tor.

Thanks.

George Shaffer
--
Get my GnuPG public key from http://geodsoft.com/about/ or
use gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-key A1A23194