Tor and Thunderbird: Outgoing Email Unsafe?

Nils Vogels bacardicoke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 21:52:18 UTC 2007

On 1/2/07, Job <Job2 at home.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just got Tor to be safer online and used the Tor-button to
> automatically confugure Firefox and Thunderbird for Tor.
> In Thunderbird however I have to exclude the server I use to SEND emails
> from being handled by Tor.

To overcome just this problem, I'm thinking about setting up an e-mail
service from WITHIN Tor as a set of hidden services. Basically, it
would be a webmail/pop3/imap/smtp service, that only accepts new
account requests from within tor and has a limit on the amount of
e-mails that could be sent per account per interval.

Does anyone know if this already exists, and if not, would it be a
welcome addition Tor?

Gr,

Nils

--