Tor and Thunderbird: Outgoing Email Unsafe?

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Tue Jan 2 20:54:07 UTC 2007

Here's another idea ... gmail allows SMTP via SSL (smtps on tcp/465).

You've got to authenticate for in/out (meaning google account) but you
can get one of those anonymously. They do POP via SSL as well (pop3s on
tcp/995). Combine the two and you've got a functional client.

This should help you out .. (applies to Outlook, but Thunderbird would
use same settings in different places) :

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13278&query=smtp&topic=&type=f&ctx=search

Cheers,

~Mike.