tor and p2p

eweb101 eweb101 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 21:17:47 UTC 2007

I don't think it would be too difficult to get something like
bittorrent working within the Tor network. What I mean by that is both
the tracker and all clients are within the network. We'd  have to
update the bittorrent client software to not use IP addresses of
course, but something similar has already been done on Azureus for I2P.
Users of the network would have to set themselves up a hidden service
in order to participate.

I'm sure there will be scaling issues involved with the increased
number of hidden services and we'd want to optimize some of the
transfer parameters but conceptually, it shouldn't be difficult to
support.