Privoxy setting blocking Yahoo mail logout

A. L. alobiuc at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 12:45:15 UTC 2007

Below is a sample logout URL, where I replaced alphanumeric characters in alpahumeric only character sequences with "A" and numeric characters in numeric only character sequences with "N". For some clarity, I present two versions of sampled URLs, one having the char sequences contracted to "Ax" and "Ny" forms, where x and y are the number of times a (not certain) alphanumeric character and numeric character respectively occur.

http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=AAAAAAAAA/M=NNNNNN.NNNNNNN.NNNNNNN.NNNNNNN/D=mail/S=NNNNNNNNN:HEADR/Y=YAHOO/EXP=NNNNNNNNNN/A=NNNNNNN/R=N/SIG=AAAAAAAAA/*http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?logout=1&.done=http://mail.yahoo.com&.src=ym&.intl=us

http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=A9/M=N6.N7.N7.N7/D=mail/S=N9:HEADR/Y=YAHOO/EXP=N10/A=N7/R=N/SIG=A9/*http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?logout=1&.done=http://mail.yahoo.com&.src=ym&.intl=us

The first url string might break the page layout, sorry if it does.

However, the browser should reach the following url:

http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?logout=1&.done=http://mail.yahoo.com&.src=ym&.intl=us

if nothing interferes, but with the mentioned rule enabled it reaches:

http://mail.yahoo.com&.src=ym&.intl=us/

which is actually the last valid url, just what +fast-redirects is designed to get. Of course, privoxy's response is triggered by the ard.yahoo.com part int the logout url.

Indeed, maybe I should've posted at the Privoxy project lists but I thought it concerns all the users of the bundle alike (maybe this setting for other Privoxy uses is useful, but in the particular case of Yahoo mail users it doesn't).