tor proxy chain

giorgio m begiorgio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:49:03 UTC 2007

On 2/12/07, Jonathan D. Proulx <jon at csail.mit.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 03:16:32PM +0100, giorgio m wrote:
>
> :Why a proxy shouldn't accept connections coming from tor? To prevent abuses?
> :Can you tell me how to do this proxychaining?
>
> Because then anyone using tor can use your proxy and any
> crimes/harassment they commit come from your proxy.

Hi Jonathan, I'm sorry if I was not clear; I don't own a proxy, I
would like to connect to an existing proxy using tor (I want the web
site to see the proxy ip, not the tor ip), for example the proxy lists
that I find here http://www.samair.ru/proxy/

I will try to follow the ideas expressed by John and the I will let you know.
Perhaps a contraption like this may work:
1. Install SocksCap / Freecap / tsocks and set it up to use Tor
2. Set your browser to use standard_http_proxy as your HTTP proxy
3. Launch your browser over SocksCap / Freecap / tsocks

With luck, SocksCap / Freecap / tsocks will intercept the TCP
connection your browser tries to make to the HTTP proxy, and tunnel it
through Tor.

Thanks