tor proxy chain

giorgio m begiorgio at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:16:32 UTC 2007

On 2/12/07, Jonathan D. Proulx <jon at csail.mit.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 12, 2007 at 02:47:54PM +0100, giorgio m wrote:
> :First of all, thanks for your polite and fast answer.
> :To simplify the problem, I say that I would like to do this:
> :
> :perl_script-> tor -> standard_http_proxy -> web_site
> :
> :I want the web site to see the ip of the standard_http_proxy, not the tor
> :ip.
> :Do you think that it is possible to do this?
>
> I haven't been following the thread so appologies if I miss the mark...
>
> This seems possible *if* the standard_http_proxy accepts connections
> from all tor exit nodes.

Why a proxy shouldn't accept connections coming from tor? To prevent abuses?
Can you tell me how to do this proxychaining?

> Now why you would want to do this is another question, perhaps the
> answer is in the archives.

I just read the faq again, where I found that perhaps you are worried
that I will use tor to connect to open relays on port 25 and then
spam, is it right? I can assure you that this is not the case (I would
not be using tor in this case, I think that there are much easier
tools), one of the reasons is for example that I don't want the
websites to know that I'm using tor.

Thanks in advance.