tls

robert schade ravenschade at web.de
Tue Feb 6 23:51:25 UTC 2007

I'm not familiar with the tls implementation in tor and how to reproduce it in another part of code.
I've already looked at the spec.
But my problem is to send a certificate chain.

"During the TLS handshake, the connection initiator always sends a
   two-certificate chain, consisting of an X.509 certificate using a
   short-term connection public key and a second, self- signed X.509
   certificate containing its identity key."

may you can help me.
thanks

> > Just a question:
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how to properly connect to the tor or-port (mostly
> > port 9001) so that tor accepts my connection, without telling me that I
> > did not send a certificate.
> > (I've already tried the standart tlsv1-client)
> >
> > Why I need this:
> > I'm trying to do a fuzz test on tor, but you have to make a valid tlsv1
> > connection in order to fuzz the inner functions of tor.

Check out section 2 of tor-spec.txt, at

    tor.eff.org/svn/trunk/doc/spec/tor-spec.txt

The earlier sections may help with notation and terminology.