Running Tor on a v-server with limited number of TCP sockets

Stephan Walter stephan at walter.name
Wed Feb 21 20:46:07 UTC 2007

On 2007-02-21 21:25, Alexander W. Janssen wrote:
> From a pragmatic point of view that would also mean that you wouldn't
> be able to log in from remote if TOR gobbles up all sockets.

It's not as bad as that, as the ssh daemon is listening all the time and
therefor already has its socket.

> Gee, what a crippled machine...

costs only €5/month though... and is enough for everything else.

> No idea what influence that has regarding TOR in general, as a
> network. But certainly you can't harm established circuits, it just
> prevents new circuits being build up - that affects your local
> TOR-software, rather than the whole net. I guess.

I didn't think that it would harm existing circuits, but I thought that
maybe it would cause a lot of connections to drop.

-Stephan