PHP coder needs Tor details

Michael Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Mon Feb 12 20:31:32 UTC 2007

Um .. send the signal to the pid of tor?
(or do it the lazy way and do 'killall -SIGNAL tor' from the command line)

see the PidFile part of torrc. Something sensible like /var/run/tor.pid
comes to mind ... Then just 'kill $signal $pid'.

Note : to make this work, the command that executes the SIG_WHATEVER
will have to be either the same UID as what started TOR, or root .. a
security concern since I'm guessing you want to do some web $foo with it
and PHP.

Regards,

Michael Holstein CISSP GCIA
Cleveland State University