Your computer is too slow to handle this many creation requests!

Olaf Selke olaf.selke at blutmagie.de
Wed Dec 26 21:43:32 UTC 2007

morphium wrote:

> Tor is only using about 80 MBits, so that aren't even 10% of the Bandwith I
> want to give for tor.

eeh? Wanna give Tor 800 MBits/s?

Tor is a cpu hog efficiently using one core only. On my Debian box the
other three cores together serve with less than 10% load having the
NumCpu config file option set to four. As I understood RSA encryption
only is done distributed on multiple cores. On Blutmagie throughput is
limited by cpu load to about 35-40 MBit/s. Bandwidth as well as a couple
of other parameters are monitored by MRTG.

Running Linux replacing the original malloc function with the
OpenBSD_malloc_Linux.c solves a couple of memory issues leading to
crashes. This has been confirmed by the Tor nodes Tonga and Blutmagie.
Guckst Du hier: http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Dec-2007/msg00057.html

hth, Olaf

=== snip ===

anonymizer:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.20GHz
stepping        : 5
cpu MHz         : 3200.324
cache size      : 1024 KB
physical id     : 3
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr
bogomips        : 6404.18
clflush size    : 64

[same output for processor 1-3]