Provider 1blu closed exit node torpaulianer

Thomas Hluchnik Thomas.Hluchnik at netcologne.de
Thu Dec 20 15:38:10 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2007 15:08 schrieb kazaam:
> Here's an answer from 1blu why they are closing the tor-servers:
>
> >Gern nutzen wir die Gelegenheit zur Stellungnahme.
> >Als Dienstanbieter haftet die 1blu AG spätestens ab Kenntnis auch für
fremde
> >Inhalte.

Isnt this is a bullshit? They say: "..we are liable for customers CONTENTS".
Tor doesnt provide any content at all. A tor server is something like a
telecommunication device.

> >Damit ist sie schon zur Vermeidung einer eigenen Haftung berechtigt
> >und verpflichtet, Kundenserver zu sperren, wenn Beschwerden über davon
> >ausgehenden Missbrauch vorliegen.

Next bullshit: according german laws (I am not a lawyer) telecommunication
providers are not responsible for customers content. So noone can punish a
telecommunication provider for the fact that any illegal content passed his
systems.

> >Wenn durch die 1blu AG
> >Unterlassungserklärungen von Kunden gefordert werden, liegen grundsätzlich
> >Beschwerden vor, die die 1blu AG zum Eingreifen zwingen.

It seems to me it is what I wrote these days in the german GTP mailing list:
those server providers go the way of least resistance. If they would have a
minimum of courage they would protect their customers.

> >Da die 1blu AG keinen
> >Zugriff auf Kundensysteme hat, sind konkrete Serveranwendungen nicht
> >unmittelbar bekannt. Die 1blu AG hat zu keinem Zeitpunkt Kunden wegen des
> >Betriebs einer bestimmten Anwendung kontaktiert oder Verhandlungen darüber
> >angeboten.
> >
> >Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Berlin,
> >
> >Ihr 1blu Support-Team
> >

> Short in english:
> 1blu are saying, that if they are not closing the servers after a
third-party contacted them about an abuse from this server, they would make
themselves liable. So they take the servers offline and are forcing the
owners to sign a forbearance-declaration.