heise online: Klarstellung

Vlad "SATtva" Miller sattva at pgpru.com
Tue Dec 18 06:08:45 UTC 2007

Eugen Leitl wrote on 17.12.2007 20:38:
> Log-free? If Tor doesn't log, your firewall'd better. You want
> to be your nodes not attributable to you, wait until 20090101,
> then go malware. I mean, if running Tor without logs after 20090101
> is illegal, then what else do you have to lose? You're a criminal
> already, you can afford to at least to cover your tracks.

Maybe there are still some valid and not so extreme options left. What
penalties an operator may face under new law for inaccurate logging?

I'm wondering (just wondering, not proposing anything of course)... what
if anon server logs not real but fictional route data? Say, if exit node
instead of logging the real inbound IP of a middleman in the US saves
some arbitrary IP in Uganda or on Toga Islands? You know, many Tor nodes
are transient, some appearing, some disappearing...

--
SATtva | security & privacy consulting
www.vladmiller.info | www.pgpru.com