Encrypted Web Pages?

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 19:05:15 UTC 2007

--- "Vlad \"SATtva\" Miller" <sattva at pgpru.com> wrote:

> Have you looked at FireGPG Firefox extension?
> http://firegpg.tuxfamily.org/

--- "Alexander W. Janssen"
<alexander.janssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why not simply use the Firegpg-extension for
> Firefox?

I had not seen this, thank you, this would
certainly be a valid fallback use case also.

> Obviously that's only working perfectly with
> text-files, but you could
> possibly try to make up your own XPI for Firefox.

Yes, I was hoping for a simple HTMLified
solution.

Seems like perhaps instead of implementing
this at the browser level, this could be
implemented at the proxy level.  Simply
send requests to a personal local proxy
which can intercept encrypted pages and
decrypt the ones it has the private keys
to!  This would be more versatile, usable
by more browsers, less vulnerable to
JS/other dynamic html attacks...

Anyone want to implement it? ;)  It could
use gpg.  Can anybody suggest a good
simple well written proxy which would be
easy to hack to add this to?

-Martin