heise online: Klarstellung

TOR-Admin (gpfTOR1) tor-admin at privacyfoundation.de
Mon Dec 17 16:51:07 UTC 2007

Eugen Leitl schrieb:
> Log-free? If Tor doesn't log, your firewall'd better. You want
> to be your nodes not attributable to you, wait until 20090101,
> then go malware. I mean, if running Tor without logs after 20090101
> is illegal, then what else do you have to lose? You're a criminal
> already, you can afford to at least to cover your tracks.

By new German law, an anon server has to log every rewrite of
communication data, which someone else has to log. An anon server does
not has to log all communication data.

Now, I have to say, that I am only a tor-op, not a developer.

But may be, your tor node routes only data retention free protocols
like instant messaging..... You have to log nothing and you do not
need the realtime interface for communication data (§100g StPO).

I asked Karsten L. a few hours ago, if it was possible, to implement a
middleman policity like the well known exit policity? It is only an idea.

>> but I think, I will see you at 24C3?

See you.

Karsten N.