Provider 1blu closed exit node torpaulianer

Thomas Hluchnik Thomas.Hluchnik at netcologne.de
Sun Dec 16 22:59:40 UTC 2007

I am not a lawyer but I think they have a contract with you. You paid them
money and they have to provide you a host. Very simple. If they shut down
your server without any comment they broke the contract. So you can go to
judge and force them to fulfill your contract. If they did not even tell you
why they shut it down any judge should be on your side (German: "Einstweilige
Verfügung")

I think they try to go the way of least trouble. Hosting providers get lots of
trouble through the police. They just seize the complete servers for months
and force the providers to do lots of bureaucracy. This costs money. The
problem here is the police. They could make a copy of the hard drives, this
would be enough. But they take away the complete hardware. The Hosting
Providers think it would be too much trouble to to go to judge against that
behaviour. They think it is less trouble to just shutdown the customers host.

It is a question of pressure. Who makes more pressure? The customer or the
police? If you force them to fulfill their contract they might start thinking
about going to judge preventing police to seize a complete server.

Thomas

Am Sonntag, 16. Dezember 2007 17:51 schrieb Gitano:
> kazaam wrote:
>
> > could someone please drop a copy of the email or letter you received by
the 1blu Ag, in which they told you that they shut down your server to me?