Tor and Privoxy on Mac OS X 10.4.11

Fox Mulder nil.bitbucket at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 19:51:08 UTC 2007

No, there aren't any tor error messages in any log file. I tried
uninstalling Tor, Privoxy, and Vidalia and installed a fresh copy of
the "experts" package and connecting to a site using Torbutton in
Firefox, and once again I got the typical error:

    503
This is Privoxy 3.0.6 on localhost (127.0.0.1), port 8118, enabled
Connect failed

Your request for http://ipid.shat.net/iponly/ could not be fulfilled,
because the connection to ipid.shat.net (127.0.0.1) could not be
established.

<snip>

It doesn't matter how many times I try, I always get this message,
for any site using the "experts" package of Tor and Privoxy under
10.4.11. Ideas for tracking down the problem and a solution are welcome.

On Dec 10, 2007, at 12:34 PM  [ December 10 2007 ], phobos at rootme.org