tor can not start?!

HF johannes.froelich at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 7 11:29:48 UTC 2007

thanks a lot for your fast responses!
tor now work pretty fine. but only local on my macbook.
now i had the idea to run tor and privoxy on my little "home-server"
also as a tor-server.
but for this i have some questions: everytime i use the internet, i
use the internet-connection from my server via OpenVPN. so isn't it
is very easy to run tor/privoxy on my server? then i could use the
tor network from my computers in my home LAN and i could use it over
vpn. but here is the question: what changes are needed for this?
the ip of my server in the LAN is 192.168.2.100 and the vpn server
adress is 10.66.66.1.

but before configuring tor and privoxy, i had a problem with
installing privoxy ( i know, this is the tor-mailing list, but maybe
someone want to help me with my privoxy installation problems).
i had privoxy running on my server, but somehow i didnt worked
anymore. so now, several times later i wanted to reinstall privoxy.
first i releted erverything related to privoxy (and tor) -->  /etc/
tor/ /etc/privoxy/ /etc/torrc.conf
and when i want to reinstall tor an privoxy i get:
-----------------------
Richte privoxy ein (3.0.6-1~edgy1) ...
chown: Zugriff auf \u201e/etc/privoxy/user.action\u201c nicht
mˆglich: No such file or directory
chown: Zugriff auf \u201e/etc/privoxy/trust\u201c nicht mˆglich: No
such file or directory
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von privoxy (--configure):
Unterprozess post-installation script gab den Fehlerwert 1 zur¸ck
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
privoxy
i hope you understand this german/english mix ;)

so what do i have to do, when i want to run privoxy?

Hannes