Directory servers for a subset of Tor routers

Silviu Udrea silvicone at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 09:49:23 UTC 2007

Can i configure TOR to use it with some code so i can choose which exit node i want? Something like this:

TOR_exit_nodes[10];

for( i=0; i<10; i++ )
{

    retrieve_webpage( URL, TOR_exit_nodes[ i ] );

}
This code should rotate 10 TOR_exit_nodes to retrieve some webpages with PHP or JavaScript.

Ringo Kamens <2600denver at gmail.com> wrote: I think this is possible with a little hacking of the code. If you
don't want to make you own version of tor (a bad idea to begin with)
you could run an authoritative dir server and then just block
connections to certain countries. Just make sure you configure your
server NOT to advertise that information to other directories.
Comrade Ringo Kamens

On 8/4/07, nobledark at hushmail.com  wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Question, is it possible to set up private directory servers and
> make available only a portion of the available Tor routers? For
> example, if you only wanted to make routers that were online in the
> U.K. or France available to users who got their info from these dir
> servers, can that be done?
>
> I know you can set entry and exit nodes but this only addresses
> part of the question and is too static for this example. I've seen
> some info on Blossom but don't know if that will do it either. If
> it can't be done or there are other problems, does anyone have any
> other ideas or suggestions?
>

> Thanks...
>
> --
> Free information on becoming a Photographer. Click Now!
> http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4fQtFznTeLcy3AEY651ReJH32DRSQ2P3pVLpQiG47cRgOe7X/

     Here are some very usefull links:

Passive income using Google AdSense

Personal developement