error noted in

NervCommand nervcommand at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 19:16:05 UTC 2007

Hey everyone, I need some help...
I installed Tor on my SLES server. I looked at the tor.log.1 and it
stated "client
functionality is working". I obviously wanted to set up a server to help
out, so I modified my torrc file and the torrc.log.1 file stated: "ORPOrt is
reachable from the outside. Excellent. Publishing server descriptor.
Performing bandwidth self-test...done. [warn] Your server xxxxx has not
managed to confirm that its DirPort is reachable."

I figured I did something wrong, but I checked my router, ports forwarded
correctly, firewall is also allowing ports. Weird part, i was getting all
these messages (every 20 minutes or so) and they stopped. Today I find an
empty log file, and the old one has been zipped and backed up. Im not sure
if the application did this on its own.  The last [notice] I received
states: Catching signal TERM, exiting cleanly. Almost sounds like everything
is ok but:

Yesterday the server was on the list here:
http://moria.seul.org:9032/tor/status/authority

Today it is not. I looked at the cached router list and last read/write
history was at 4:21 this morning...

I just want to know if it is working fine or not. I haven't been able to get
privoxy to work with my Suse!!! and I installed the Tor button on my firefox
and it gives me a proxy error. (I am sure those two are related LOL, so I'm
working on that) But I guess I don't want to blindly continue on this
problem if my server really isn't up and running like I thought...please
help!!!