Client config help - TOR will not start - directory information "not enough to build a circuit"

Carlton B thelarch at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 22 16:28:38 UTC 2007

I've resolved the problem... issue was that although ZoneAlarm firewall
did not appear to be running, actually it was.    I added Tor and
Vidalia to the outbound access list, and they're running now.   Nothing
to do with multiple versions.

So that was a n00b error, however I think the log messages could be more
descriptive.   Also, it appears that 1.2.12 does not appear to log _at
all_ on my box.   Is it writing directly to the file or does it use some
kind of socket appender that might be getting screwed up by the firewall?

Thanks,
Carlton