[Fwd: High-traffic Colluding Tor Routers in Washington, D.C. Confirmed]

xiando xiando at xiando.com
Wed Apr 18 10:34:11 UTC 2007

> Do you think it's a privacy problem to run 3 to 5 servers? All servers
> would be non-exit servers because of the current habit of the German
> police to collect all exit servers. Of course, I will set the family entry.

Please do run as many servers as you can afford. There is absolutely no
privacy issue if you set the MyFamily option. Note that you must remember to
set it on all the servers for it to work (so I can't just claim 99% of the
Tor-network is my family and therefore you should use my 1% remaining evil
servers by setting the option in one config file).

There is no issue with you running 100 servers as long as you use MyFamily,
that would be very good. It's only when you're running 100 servers on
different /16's and pretend that you have no involvement with any of them
that I would wonder what you're up to..