Is this for real?

Michael_google gmail_Gersten keybounce at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 18:37:07 UTC 2007

> > The problem is that it does not scale 1:1.
>
> Yes, but if everybody gets the download speed that he provides for
> upload then it scales perfectly. In your case 1M.

False.

If there is one site in the chain that has, for example, a 20K bps
upload speed, then no traffic through that site can provide data
faster than 20K bps.

If I have a 6 Mbps cable link, and my tor traffic is going through
someone's DSL that cannot upload more than 20Kbps, then I will see my
speed drop from 6Mbps down to .020Mbps.

That's going from 6,000 K down to 20K.

That is why the current tor system [b] cannot [/b] scale, without tor
using multiple connections at once.