Earthlink's broken DNS affecting Tor nodes?

Jay Goodman Tamboli jay at tamboli.cx
Mon Sep 4 15:26:51 UTC 2006

I'm currently running a Tor node (phrenograph) on an Earthlink DSL
connection, and they've recently started returning a "help" site's IP
instead of NXDOMAIN when a DNS lookup is requested for a nonexistent
site. See [1] for more. Should I be concerned about this change's
effect on the Tor network, since presumably DNS lookups I do are no
longer perfect? If it does have a detrimental effect, is there a way
to block DNS lookups in my exit policy?

/jgt

1. http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/03/1359221
--