Aggressive probe of anonymity

P Jones deerfieldtech at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 19:13:20 UTC 2006

On 9/21/06, Andrew Del Vecchio <firefox-gen at walala.org> wrote:

> Ever been to www.pcflank.com? www.grc.com?
>
> ~Andrew

Andrew;

Thanks for the reply, but both of those sites (I know grc well, new to
pcflank) assume a direct connection to the internet. I'm looking for a
test of this situation; on the tor network, behind a firewall on a
network with a local IP; various operating systems. Then I'd like to
have things like java, javascript, cookies, images, flash, etc. tested
for leakage of identifying information.

As an example, squid can be configured to send your proxy/host type
(ipid.shat.net), which even though you're on tor will reveal your
actual IP address (or at least your server name). So ipid.shat.net
shows this, many other ip address testing pages do not.

-P