Tor crashes ZoneAlarm

Ringo Kamens 2600denver at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 19:12:06 UTC 2006

While I think it is important to correct the problem of tor-zonealarm
incompatibility I don't think anybody who uses tor should use zonealarm. Tor
is an anonymity and privacy tool and zone-alarm doesn't respect either of
these fundementals. When installed+run, zone-alarm "phones-home" (check for
yourself with a packet sniffer) even if you tell it not to access anything.
In other words, it breaks it's own rules and I wouldn't trust my
privacy/anonymity to it.