Tor crashes ZoneAlarm

Kees Vonk keesvonk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 03:38:31 UTC 2006

I have recently installed the latest vidalia-tor-privoxy bundle from the
tor.eff.org website (vidalia-bundle-0.1.1.23-0.0.7.exe). And it keep
crashing ZoneAlarm (vmon.exe).

I can easily repoduce it:
1. Make sure that tor + vidalia are running.
2. Start Thunderbird (with Tor-button extension)
3. Check you email (will time out first time and crash ZoneAlarm,
usually second or third time).

My ZoneAlarm version is: version 6.5.731.

I have now tested this on four different machines, running XP-Pro (with
and without SP2) or W2K, and all exhibit the same behaviour. Does anyone
know what is going wrong and how I can avoid this?

Thank you very much,

Kees