Tor-compatible secure email systems

Anothony Georgeo anogeorgeo at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 16:29:56 UTC 2006

Kelly Byrd <kbyrd-tor at memcpy.com> wrote: > Have a look at mixminion. I've not managed to figure it out. I don't
> think of anonymity as being absolute. I personally don't think that
> letting your real ip address to various places now and then absolutely
> compromises you. The biggest problem of all comes from mail sending. You
> can't send via smtp from tor, because tor does not permit port 25
> traffic on exits, thanks to spam.

This isn't always true, I used port 25 thru tor last week. I'd revise
your statement to:

You sometimes can't send via smtp from tor, because some exit nodes don't
permit port 25 traffic.

Or you can use a service that offers SMTP on ports other than 25, Gmail and Softhome are two examples.

http://mail.yahoo.com