Tor Defense Fund...an idea.

Paul Syverson syverson at itd.nrl.navy.mil
Mon Sep 11 03:49:41 UTC 2006

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 08:30:54PM -0700, Andrew Del Vecchio wrote:

> Was anyone on the original project full-on Navy, or was this entirely
> contracted out?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Onion Routing was originally
invented and developed entirely by civilian (non-uniformed) employees
of NRL (not contractors).  So, if that counts as "full-on Navy", then
yes.  As I said before, Roger and Nick were contractors when the three
of us devised Tor together. Beyond that I think I already covered.

aloha,
Paul