Updates

phobos at rootme.org phobos at rootme.org
Mon Sep 11 00:39:01 UTC 2006

On Sun, Sep 10, 2006 at 09:14:59AM -0500, arrakistor at gmail.com wrote 0.2K bytes in 10 lines about:
: Have we heard any response about the offer for a windows box on which
: to compile?

	Preferably, a working windows compiler over a "windows box".  I
	have multiple windows installations thanks to vmware.

: Have we heard any response to a request for a win32 version for the
: latest tor?

	For the record, I'm working on compiling the various tor bundles
	using mingw.  I'm also working on documenting the process so it
	is repeatable by others.

	Why mingw?  It is freely available.  Not everyone can afford MS
	VC and MSDN for their compilers.  Many will find a way to
	download the mingw binaries required to build Tor, if the
	process is easy and well documented.

	Why not cygwin?  The cygwin license gives me pause, the
	distribution of cygwin.dll, and the resulting binaries also give
	me pause.  This is my decision, not necessarily nick or roger's,
	to not use cygwin for the new binaries.

	The binaries will be ready when they are ready.  I know there is
	demand for them.

	Cheers.

--
Andrew