Tor Defense Fund...an idea.

Anothony Georgeo anogeorgeo at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 20:42:39 UTC 2006

--- glymr <glymr_darkmoon at ml1.net> wrote:

<snip>
> Fast internet is starting to spread fast anyway,
> with all this ADSL2 popping up.

I believe speed in the Tor network is less dependend
upon high speed connections than it is upon the Tor
network itself...of course dial-up is another story...

<snip>
> ...I'm sure this would bring a lot of the
> broader civil liberties people into the fold.

This is a good point and I bet they would be just as
interested in helping with individual lawsuits as they
would class-action lawsuits.  Besides, a successful
challange to a single lawsuite would create precedence
that other courts would be inclined to follow (in the
US at least).

My original point is still vaild though, a
class-action in multiple countries would be very
difficult if not impossible.  Thus it seems it may be
necessary to make a different class-action in each
country due to each countries specific class-action
requirments.

Anogeorgeo