Operational Security

phobos at rootme.org phobos at rootme.org
Sat Sep 9 20:53:12 UTC 2006

On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 10:08:30PM +0200, numE at onionizer.de wrote 0.8K bytes in 30 lines about:
: what about building an dedicated tor operating system.
: preconfigured with disk and swap encryption,
: preconfigured with tor running in a chroot... etc.

	Sounds great.  Many people have discussed doing this; very few
	have completed it.

	Another idea is a live cd that requires no permanent storage at
	all.  The nickname is randomly generated, or the config is
	stored in a ram disk.  This way all one has to do is to boot off
	the cd/dvd and has a valid tor server.  I've been playing with
	knoppix to do this, but frankly, life keeps getting in the way
	of making any great progress on it.  I know others are in the
	same situation.    There are a few live cd OSes that include
	tor, however they aren't focused on being solely Tor servers.

	Cheers.
--
Andrew