Tor not working

phobos at rootme.org phobos at rootme.org
Thu Oct 5 03:33:00 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 10:11:31AM -0500, nil.bitbucket at gmail.com wrote 0.7K bytes in 19 lines about:
: However, I believe I've discovered the problem, and it's something
: that was overlooked by the developers: there's no torstartup.pkg
: included in the installer for the latest version of Tor and Vidalia
: bundle. But, if you go to the download page for "experts" and
: download that package for OS X (Tor-0.1.1.24-tiger-ppc-Bundle.mpkg),
: it is included, whereas Vidalia is not.

	This is correct.  Vidalia 0.0.7 cannot connect to an existing
	Tor process, therefore the Vidalia bundle doesn't include the
	torstartup.pkg.  It's assumed the user would start Vidalia to
	start Tor.  I believe the ability to connect to existing Tor
	processes with Vidalia will be enabled shortly.

	Perhaps this should be more clear somewhere.

--
Andrew