tor and its speed

sigi dugongs at gmx.de
Wed Oct 4 16:18:01 UTC 2006

> Perhaps changing the number of seconds for MaxCircuitDirtiness may help
> reduce the unpleasant effect of slow circuits by shortening circuit
> lifespan? have you installed fasterfox? I personally find tor is more
> than adequately fast with the aforementioned setting at 300 and with
> fasterfox on. You may also want to have a look at the server exit nodes
> with the greatest uptime and bandwidth capability and set them as
> preferred exits and entry points?

Thanks for all this hints! Now I use fasterfox, and it really gives
some more performance. The setting 'MaxCircuitDirtiness 300' seems to
have no real effects here... anyway - I'll try it with fasterfox, I didn't
know this extension until now.

Thanks,
sigi.

--
 |     .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **    |
 |    : :' :      The  universal        |