reporter from The Economist in Thailand seeks help

Tim McCormack basalganglia at brainonfire.net
Sun Oct 29 14:11:45 UTC 2006

Shava Nerad wrote:
> If someone proficient with helping a newbie set up Tor et al on XP to
> get by national firewalls wants to personally assist Peter Collins from
> The Economist set up his machine, please email me, and I'll hook you up?

Alternatively, he could get a friend somewhere else in the world to run
an SSH server, and then tunnel everything through that. Wouldn't that be
a better solution? I mean, he's not going for anonymity, just data and
destination privacy, right?  Plus, then he wouldn't have to worry about
malicious exit nodes.

I'd offer my own computer, but I'm behind a college campus firewall
during the school year.

 - Tim McCormack