Safari proxy switch applescript

Christopher Soghoian csoghoian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 04:21:37 UTC 2006

Hi Guys,

I found online
to work with the latest version of Mac OSX.

Safari does not have its own proxy settings, and instead, uses
whatever the OS is using. This script toggles the settings between
either no proxy, or the localhost privoxy proxy - and is thus,
something akin to "Tor Button" for Safari.

The script can be found here:
http://www.dubfire.net/scripts/switch-proxies-mac.scpt

An application version of the script (that just requires a double
click to run) can be found here:
http://www.dubfire.net/scripts/switch-proxies-mac.app

To get the script to work, you must set the "Enable access for
assistive devices" feature in the "Universal Access" system
preference.

If you install the Applescript Menu
(http://www.apple.com/applescript/scriptmenu/),
you may find it easier to launch the script from within safari.

I'm happy to fix up the script a bit more, if I get any feedback from others.

Cheers

Chris