Culled Wedged CPUworkers Bug

marlowe marlowe at antagonism.org
Tue Oct 24 18:26:28 UTC 2006

Roger Dingledine wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 09:56:56PM -0400, marlowe wrote:
>> I have discovered the following error message in my log files:
>>
>> "[notice] cull_wedged_cpuworkers(): Bug: closing wedged cpuworker. Can
>> somebody find the bug?"
>>
>> Has anyone else seen this and if so what information can I provide to
>> help track down this bug?
>
> I believe this was fixed in 0.1.1.22, which was released on 2006-07-05.
>
> What Tor version are you running? If it's a later version than that,
> can you provide more details, like how often it occurs, whether you can
> induce it to occur, whether there's high load at the time, whether your
> CPU sucks, whether you're running an obscure operating system, and other
> hints that might be helpful?
>
> --Roger

Roger,

I have installed 0.1.1.24 on CentOS 4.2 with full updates.  The CPU on
the machine is on the lower end (1 GHz).  As previously noted on this
list, I was having trouble getting my ORPort to be recognized as
reachable until I compiled Tor with --disable-threads.  The threads
problem disappeared with an upgrade to the CentOS kernel RPM,
kernel-2.6.9-42.0.3.EL.

The error appears over the last couple of days in the log at 1000 and
2200 EST each day.  I am not able to induce the error myself.  What
other information (i.e. debug logs, etc) can I provide to help debug
this issue?

Patrick