Building from svn source on Mac OS X

Watson Ladd watsonbladd at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 00:27:04 UTC 2006

Darren Bane wrote:
> On 21/10/06, Watson Ladd <watsonbladd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Darren Bane wrote:
>> unable
>> >
>> > Why aren't you installing Tor via MacPorts also?  The port is up to
>> > date, AFAIK.
>> Because I might want to change the source and test my changes to it.
>
> Ok, changing the source code is a good reason (sorry, I had to ask
> because you'd be surprised how many people don't have one).
>
> Looking at the tor-devel port, the following environment variables are
> set before configure:
>
> CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
> LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib
>
> There is more in the portfile, but these look like likely suspects for
> your build failure.
./autogen.sh doesn't seem to find libevent despite setting those
environmental variables. I'm sending this to or-dev as it seems to be a
bit of a bug/feature lack to not respect environmental variables when
looking for things inside said variables.

--
They who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary
Safety, deserve neither Liberty or Safety