Snakes On A Tor Scanner - 0.0.4

Mike Perry mikepery at fscked.org
Sun Oct 15 18:59:00 UTC 2006

Thus spake Roger Dingledine (arma at mit.edu):

> This looks great. Here are a few responses from reading your README:
>
> >The Metatroller requires two Tor config options in your torrc:
> >
> >ControlPort 9051
> >__LeaveStreamsUnattached 1
>
> You could have your Metatroller connect to Tor and set
> __LeaveStreamsUnattached=1 itself. Then the user doesn't have to mess
> with his torrc at all (assuming he already has the controlport set). In
> fact, when the metatroller exits you could unset it, so Tor becomes a
> normal client again.

Ok, I've got a new release up with this fix and some others. No more
torrc editing needed.

http://fscked.org/proj/minihax/SnakesOnATor/SnakesOnATor-0.0.4.zip

0.0.4:
 Metatroller:
  - Failure stats based on reason codes
  - Sets __LeaveStreamsUnattached via controller. No config needed
    anymore.

 Soat:
  - Fixed counting bug (ratios were OK, but errors+connects were
    counted multiple times)
  - Saves REASON statistics from Metatroller
  - Changed scanning node selection to be fully uniform for both exits
    and other hops

Reason-based statistics are now exported to:
http://fscked.org/proj/minihax/SnakesOnATor/fail_reasons

The first number is the failcount for that type, the second one
is the total failcount, and the third is the total circuits
made via this node.

For reason statistics, it reasontotal/totalfailed.

For http://fscked.org/proj/minihax/SnakesOnATor/fail_rates

The first number is the total failcount, and the second is
the number of circuits made via this node.

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist