Tor Network Status Website

Joseph B. Kowalski jbk at hush.ai
Mon Nov 6 06:02:27 UTC 2006

Hey all,

Seeing how lately it seems that several of the Tor network status
websites have not been available, I got motivated to try my hand at
creating one. For those who are interested in seeing the result,
here is a url:

https://nighteffect.com/tns/index.php

It's written in PHP, using a MySQL database on the backend. It
obtains directory information by way of the "cached-status"
directory of a running Tor server. The link above is making use of
said directory on my Tor server, 'bitcircle'.

Anyways, some features are:

- Config option to specify which Authority servers you trust (by
fingerprint)
- Round-robin usage of Authority servers cached-status docs, so
it's not always using just one
- Config option to specify how often the local cache (MySQL
database) should be refreshed with new info (Speeds page loading,
hopefully)
- Direct links to descriptors of routers on current directory server
- Some other basic config options
- Various stats about the Tor network
- Stats about the directory server currently in use
- Several custom-query options
- (Hopefully) useful visual cues

If there is any interest, I can package up the code and DB creation
script and distribute it. Or, feel free to use the site where it
is. Let me know.

Best regards,

Joe