Torbutton 1.0.5 release candidate

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Nov 23 14:45:00 UTC 2006

> I'm using custom proxy settings currently, because I'm using Polipo
> on port 8123.

You certainly know that, but I'll mention that you can run Polipo on
port 8118 by putting the following in your config file:

  proxyPort = 8118

OTOH, would it clutter torbutton's interface too much to have an
option ``use Polipo'' that switches everything to localhost:8123?  I'm
planning to release Polipo 1.0.0 before Christmas, so a SOCKS-capable
Polipo should hit the major Linux and BSD distributions in the next
months.

(Yes, that does mean that I do need more people testing.  Hint, hint.)

                                        Juliusz