VoIP, Tor and Zfone by Phillip Zimmermann?

Anothony Georgeo anogeorgeo at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 15:15:00 UTC 2006

Hi Mike,

--- Michael Holstein <michael.holstein at csuohio.edu>
wrote:

> The latency would make the call entirely unworkable.
>
> ~Mike.
>
> Anothony Georgeo wrote:
> > Good day,
> >
> > I was thinking of routing a VoIP call (SIP
> protocol)
> > via. a VoIP client into Phillip Zimmermann's new
> > "Zfone" (
> > http://www.philzimmermann.com/EN/zfone/index.html
> )and
> > then into Tor before the VoIP call reaches the
> other
> > party(s).

When I was growing up we didn't have a telephone, we
used a CB-radio to communicate.  Yes, I'm old and we
lived out in the country.

I rather enjoy using a CD-radio and I assume the
latency of a VoIP call through Tor would be comparable
to the latency of a CB-radio converstaion [especially
with those accustomed to telephones! ;-) ].

As long as the latency is not so long that I forget
the content of the converstion I am happy.  I have
learned to be happy giving up speed for privacy.

I assume many other people would agree that a slow,
anonymous and encrypted VoIP call is better than
nothing.

Good day,