JAP

Matthias Fischmann fis at wiwi.hu-berlin.de
Tue May 16 11:19:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:58:13AM +0200, Matej Kovacic wrote:
> To: or-talk at freehaven.net
> From: Matej Kovacic <matej.kovacic at owca.info>
> Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:58:13 +0200
> Subject: JAP
>
> Hi,
>
> > i don't want to play the JAP advocacy game, but your information is
> > false.
> >
> > if you check the press releases on anon.inf.tu-dresden.de, you will
> > learn that nobody was 'nabbed'.  there was a single IP address
> I am interested in it, but can't find it (my German is very bad). Can
> you provide a link?
>
> Are there any copies of legal documents about the case available?

this is the main page on cooperation between ANON and prosecution:

   http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/strafverfolgung/index_de.html

here is the story, converted to html by google:

   http://216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:wIAzMOILdM8J:anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/strafverfolgung/bericht.pdf+&hl=de&gl=de&ct=clnk&cd=1

if you translate with google, only the first few bits get translated
and then it switches back to german (?!); bablefish does a better job,
but not quite good either.

most interesting is section 4, "continuation of the argument".  it
explains how the german police and prosecution went out of their way
to get around several court decisions that they should shut up and
keep their fingers off the data.

sorry, i can't translate the whole text now.  if you want to have
solid details, you should probably ask the project team, perhaps they
have some english documents elsewhere.  (or was there an english
forum?)

hth,
matthias