censorship

Matej Kovacic matej.kovacic at owca.info
Tue May 16 11:12:36 UTC 2006

Tony wrote:
> Just like any other form of censorship, the definition of 'child', 'porn' and 'abuse' is open to interpretation.
That is correct, however legislation is quite exact with these terms.

> Censorship of already published information is never justified imo.
Hm, what about stealing some database with personal names and making it
public?

In Slovenia we had a case, when someone published our former (communist)
secret service dossiers on almost everybody in our country (more than
80% population). That was illegal and banned, and is stil illegal, even
it was already published.

An in some (many, actually) coutries possessing (not "just"
distributing) child porn is illegal.

bye, Matej