Some legal trouble with TOR in France

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon May 15 14:17:01 UTC 2006

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 05:03:53PM +0200, Joe Knall wrote:

> I clearly do not dare to run a tor server in Germany for reasons like
> these :(

The thought police has been notified. Expect them shortly.

> So my question is: does anyone know about or have experience with the
> implications when founding an organisation (Verein in german,
> incorporated society) of two or more people to run tor?

Why do you think you will get a visit from the police
if you're running a server in a colo? The ISP will bend
over backwards to give them a root console.

Now what would be interesting is whether they will
tap the line for traffic analysis, or install a rootkit
(latter's too risky, probably).

> The server/exit node would be run by the organisation, not a human

You could try forming a Ltd.
It's reasonably cheap and quick in Germany.